What is the Sharing Economy?
The Sharing Economy is a globally emerging new economy, in which private people are enabled to share anything they own through technology, let it be products, knowledge or services, with other private people around them. The concept of the Sharing Economy is disrupting every industry from hotels (Airbnb), to services (Taskrabbit) to car rentals (Getaround). It is a gamechanging mental shift from a society focused on consumption to a society valuing access more than ownership and promoting a more sustainable and efficient use of resources. The Sharing Economy is also slowly taking off in Switzerland, we hope you will be a part of it.
Learn more about the Sharing Economy in Rachel Botsman’s TED talk
What is the Sharecon about?
Established in 2013, the Sharecon is a non-profit association for individuals, companies and organizations involved and interested in the different forms an aspects of the sharing economy.
- Sharecon aims to be the regional hub for sharing economy related matters.
- Sharecon plays a proactive role in representing the interests of local and national business communities.
- Sharecon also contributes to all needed measures to promote Sharing Economy on an educational, community building and business creating level across Switzerland.
5 objectives connecting the sharing economy in Switzerland
- be the regional hub for Sharing and Access Economy matters, which are an emerging economic model of sharing of physical and non-physical resources that is empowered through technology and social networks.
- develop a vibrant and viable industry for our members.
- promote sustainable living and community bonding.
- help our members address challenges and explore opportunities with internal and external parties.
- raise public awareness on the sharing and access economy and make it part of our culture
Join the Swiss Sharing Economy
Be a pioneer
Become a member today. We offer individual and company memberships. Starting from 20CHF annually you can help us support, shape and build the Swiss Sharing Economy. Read more about our membership options.